Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Come Out of the Darkness

Come Out of the Darkness: John 8: The Charm of Home

12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.” John 8:12
Jesus was a light in the darkness to the Israelites just as God was a pillar of light in the darkness as He led the Israelites out of Egypt. (Exodus 13:21)
13 The Pharisees replied, “You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid.”  John 8:13
The Israelites didn't recognize Jesus as their light and savior, just as Israel didn't appreciate God as theirs, when He led them through the desert.
14 Jesus told them, “These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don’t know this about me. 15 You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. 16 And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone. The Father[a] who sent me is with me. 17 Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact.[b] 18 I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other.”
19 “Where is your father?” they asked.
Jesus answered, “Since you don’t know who I am, you don’t know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father.” 20 Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury. But he was not arrested, because his time[c] had not yet come.
John 8:14-20
This time when Jesus returns; He has written belief on our hearts, for those of us who belong to Him. (Hebrews 10:16
My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 
John 10:27
Resource:
All glory and honor to my Lord Jesus Christ,
Sherry

I will be linking up with these parties:
Mommy Moments at Life of Faith- Sun evening
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Moments of Hope at Lori Schumaker

Soul Survival link up
Tuesday Talk with Sarah E. Frazer
Breakthru Linkup at Breakthrough Homeschooling- Tues eve
Tell Us His Story at Jennifer Dukes Lee- Tues eve
Grace Moments at Journeys in Grace
Thought Provoking Thursdays at 3-D Lessons for Life
Grace and Truth at Above the Waves
Fresh Market Friday Crystal Twaddell
Faith and Friends at Counting My Blessings

The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking

Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups

2 comments:

Mama to 12, so far said...

He is the Light!

Anonymous said...

He is the answer,the redeemer, the savor!